Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Base cabinet carcass purely from 2x4s
Rifraf
# Posted: 23 Jan 2013 22:11 - Edited by: Rifraf

Hey guys,

i'm looking to remodel my kitchen already.. My buffet cabinets are pretty but also lack in storage and functionality.

Being a poe' boy I was thinking I would just frame my cabinets carcass with only 2x4s and skin it with car siding. Poly that up and put whatever top on I can get my hands on.. Any drawers I would just have as wood on wood rails.

Think that would work well enough ??

Anyone have any plans for 2x4 base cabinet construction for the carcass.. Ive seen plans that use several types of planks and smaller pieces.. but 2x4s I can get dirt cheap where im at.

Just
# Posted: 23 Jan 2013 23:11

I made these all with 2x4 s , reclaimd hardwood pallits boards and 5\8 x 12 mdf from home depot total cost about 100 $ . tops were 12 '' deep lowers were 24 in deep.i had no plans not much to it. they were 12 ft long with a 12 ft roll top from some salvage yard.there were 3 drawers with store bought glides . removed the nails from the pallets and ran them through a plainer. pic not good only one i have .no longer own the place. Good luck
kitchen.jpg
kitchen.jpg

Rifraf
# Posted: 23 Jan 2013 23:55

Thanks for the encouragement, any closer shots of the cabinets or of the framework ?

rayyy
# Posted: 24 Jan 2013 06:18

Iv'e got a Habitat for humanity store in town that has all donated left overs and remodel's(used)stuff.Window's,door's,shutter's,kitchen cupboards and cabinet's,vanities,hardware,,,all very reasonable priced.You might research this in your area and find used,functional base cabinet's that you could resurface or paint.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.