Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Cost of Foundation...
OffGridCabin
# Posted: 21 Feb 2013 04:35

Hello Ya'll...I'm new in this forum and i have been research and hobby of Cabin off the Grid or with Grid. However, I own 2.55 acres of land in Mt. Shasta, California that near Lake Shastina. Nice to have closer to lake, ski, hiking, Fishing there.

I have varies of decision where cabin will settle on land...For example...I am seeking for neither 20x20 or 25x25 foundation that crawl underneat for future pipelines or Concrete post...any suggest?? soil is fairly rocky as if you been in Northern California where you almost can see many of rocks area but wasn't sure if that would be able to dig more than 4ft hole that are 20'wide to fill concrete.

Advice would be greatly appreciate it.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 21 Feb 2013 08:52

Hve you considered a footing/stemwall like a conventional house? Just do a dig out, ie a small excavator, rent for the weekend. I paid my neighbor who has an old small Case crawler to do my digout, then contracted out the foundation work, ie set up, forms, rebar, deal with inspector. I had to pay for the concrete. The concrete was $1000. His labor/materials travel was $2800 for a total of $3800.

You wont have mice intrusion this way. My stem walls are 24" tall, with an 8" footing and I have 10" above grade to my siding.

I have no exterior crawl space, did the trap door in the floor on the inside, so its great for secure storage also. It cost more this way, but its actually easier. I have lots of headroom in the crawlspace, very tall.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.