Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / getting stone to my site... problem
optimistic
# Posted: 22 Feb 2013 07:35

I was trying to buy this simple utility trailer from this guy.. I was supposed to pick it up tomorrow but he doesn't respond to my texts...

I have to come up with a plan as I have to finish my pad tomorrow.

I need to get about 5 tons of crushed stone to my site (1200ft of rugged road). I have an ATV for the mission....

Any advice?

PA_Bound
# Posted: 22 Feb 2013 08:18

Is there any place close where you can rent one? Tool rental places, Tractor Supply-type stores, etc.?

Popeye
# Posted: 22 Feb 2013 08:21

Buy a different trailer.

Since you didn't fix the driveway, how do you expect to get the shed delivered where you want it?

Anonymous
# Posted: 22 Feb 2013 08:59

This is a nightmare senerio for a delivery driver. That's what I do and I would refuse to attempt delivery once I saw your impassable drive. I would still charge you a delivery fee and refuse to come back until the drive is passable. I know I'm being harsh but this is the reality of your sisuation.

bobbotron
# Posted: 22 Feb 2013 09:23

Rental centre is a good way to go. I rent a 5x9 trailer from u haul from time to time to move stuff with my forester, it works out great.

Just
# Posted: 22 Feb 2013 09:29

5 tons is not a lot of stone. what type of foundation and how big a cabin do you have planned ? if it is small and on posts maybe you could throw it under the cabin after the build.

VTweekender
# Posted: 22 Feb 2013 10:06

Quoting: Anonymous
This is a nightmare senerio for a delivery driver. That's what I do and I would refuse to attempt delivery once I saw your impassable drive. I would still charge you a delivery fee and refuse to come back until the drive is passable. I know I'm being harsh but this is the reality of your sisuation.

What has this comment have to do with getting his stone up to the site? Get a screen name....
FYI he hired a bulldozer with a trailer to pull it in......

Just
# Posted: 22 Feb 2013 13:14

apon revewing a older thread ,I see you are having a prefab deliverd with a dozer .maybe you could cut 2 large logs close by and have him drop the cabin on them [very close to were you want it],My old trailer sits on 2 hardwood logs been there 6 years still leval. all i did was dig out the sod and leval the logs up ,they did settle 4 in. or so the first year and i have reshimed it leval a few tims but its still a foot off the ground high and dry ,IT just might be a temp fix for your delemma . maybe that dozer could work on that road a bit while he is there . I under stand that it would 'not' be ideal but it would get you started.. sometimes getting started is the hardest part ,, best of luck just
cid_513.jpg
cid_513.jpg

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.