Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / sanding floors with belt sander
optimistic
# Posted: 8 Apr 2013 20:52 - Edited by: optimistic

Well... I know. It will take time and break my back but no choice. At least it is only 144 sqft... The buffer I rented overloaded my generator. I have a 3x21 sander and I will sand my floors. I am not sure what grits to use and I do have some specific things:

1. the floor is unfinished utility oak so it has knots, holes, and what not... quite rough.

2. I don't want to stain the floors but to only put two layers of poly.

3. I like old looking floors. I like them rough and full or character.

What should I sand with?

Just
# Posted: 8 Apr 2013 22:20 - Edited by: Just

the pic is of a ash floor in our home . we wanted a wide plank floor rather she wanted --anyhow ,cut the wood from our bush 12 '' 10 '' 8 '' 6 '' in boards drilled , screwed and pegged to the ply subfloor .
tryed to sand it with a hand belt sander but it took to long and did not look good ,i then rented a large stand behind orbit sander , for one day and was very happy with it .lots of knots and chips but thats the beauty part we were after .she was write as usual,, I then stained it and did 2 coats of poly,, good luck
000_0003.JPG
000_0003.JPG
000_0002.JPG
000_0002.JPG

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.