Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / open attic insulation
bukhntr
# Posted: 22 Apr 2013 17:36

I wonder if anyone has experience installing the insulation in the ceiling and leaving for a while before putting up the t&g boards. We have a few pieces of furniture beds etc and I am concerned about the fibers filtering down even though it is paper faced and getting into the furniture and beds. I was able to sheetrock and insulate walls in one trip but I know I can't do the same with the t&G. and don't want to stop using the cabin til i get that step done so those that have been there before let me know.

trollbridge
# Posted: 23 Apr 2013 22:22

Ours has been insulated over a year and after the initial mess is cleaned up you will have no problems. We have beds too, and ceiling fans going. No fibers in the air or settling on the furniture

yankeesouth
# Posted: 25 Apr 2013 15:20

I agree with Troll....same here. I have batts with paper facing on the ceiling and other than initial install.....I only get outside dirt and dust on floors and furniture....no fibers.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.