Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / T-111 Finishing Question
FishPCreek
# Posted: 25 Apr 2013 21:31

I am trying to get a handle on how to finish interior t-111 walls. They catch clothing or anything that brushes against it and we have tight confines in a couple of spots. We like the vertical line aspect as we have it under the loft and where there is a ceiling. So....sand and paint with acrylic (don't want oil base odors inside), sand and stain, or don't sand and paint? It would be nice to see some "wood" through it so I thought maybe a whitewash type approach, but would have to sand to prevent the catching on things. A regular coat of paint might glue this stuff to the board but would likely not let any wood look through. Any suggestions on what has worked, and maybe pictures? Thanks.

GomerPile
# Posted: 25 Apr 2013 22:00

Sand it just enough to take the the "fuzz" off and stain it with minwax.

I would use a random orbital sander with 120 or 220 grit paper. You don't want to sand much, just remove the fibers that catch clothing. Since its indoors you don't need to worry about it getting wet and delaminating. You may find that the vertical stripes color lighter than the raised parts....let the stain sit longer in there maybe?

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 26 Apr 2013 07:33

Paint, paint and paint. What we have done looks so nice, but it takes a lot.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.