Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / white wash pickling stain on interior pine t&g
tcmatt
# Posted: 1 May 2013 23:13

I was thinking of using this color/product from miniwax for the ceiling (half cathedral, half loft) of my cabin and wondered if anyone else has? I was going to just use clear polyacrylic for the t&g on the walls.

http://www.minwax.com/wood-products/stains/minwax-water-based-wood-stain#Colors

Matt

ShabinNo5
# Posted: 2 May 2013 07:16

We plan on using a similar approach for our ceilings. However we have not selected the product yet and will not have the ceiling in place and ready until July or August. Our reason for chosing to pickle the ceilings was to help lighten the interior of our space.

Steve

Just
# Posted: 2 May 2013 07:53

that's a good product .very durable and easy to use. I used it on this hardwood floor and covered it with poly.
19805_1.jpg
19805_1.jpg

tcmatt
# Posted: 2 May 2013 08:06

Steve,
Same reason I'm thinking of using it.
Matt

razmichael
# Posted: 2 May 2013 19:00

My wife wants our interior walls done like this - she saw it on some show. I figure that, given it is being painted, I could just use fake wood panelling rather than t&G pine. Most I found was too thin to be standalone so I intended to drywall first. I recently found LP smartside panels in "knotty barnside unprimed" at $21 a 4x8 which is cost effective given no drywall needed. I'm planning on picking up one sheet so my wife can try different techniques and see how it looks. Anyone tried this out? Not real wood true - but fast to put up and seems well priced.

gsreimers
# Posted: 3 May 2013 20:11

Minwax Polyacrylic is a water based product and will not yellow. Regular solvent based polys will yellow or amber over time and while not an issue over most stains, it will be noticeble over the white stains.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.