Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / electrical help
creeky
# Posted: 4 May 2013 10:45

It's time for me to run electrical from my solar shed to my "shizzer shack" and my "cabin." I have a backhoe so I'm burying the cable and I have purchased some off cuts from an electrical store NMWU.

I want one 15 amp circuit for the shizzer shack and 2 circuits for the cabin/studio.

My questions is: would it be better to run 10/2 from the solar shed panel to my shizzer shack with a 30 amp fuse and then, putting another panel in at the shack, have a 15 amp circuit in the shack and then run a 12/3 line with the two 15 amp circuits to the cabin?

Or should I run separate lines from the cabin and shack to the solar shed. I have to check, but I think if I have two circuits in an outbuilding I need another panel at the cabin.

Thoughts?

btw: my solar inverter output is 30 amps. and yes, I'm very careful to use one large draw device at a time. (ie. I even turn off the TV before using the microwave.) Currently (ha ha) I'm using 14/3 armoured above ground to my cabin ... can't wait to get a buried line.

rayyy
# Posted: 5 May 2013 12:24

That's an interesting term.What is a shizzer shack?I would highly reccomend putting in 3 seperate conduits all 1 inch.That way you could use one for your 120 volt a/c power lines.one for your low volt solar panel wireing and a third for future use or your 12 volt battery power needs.

creeky
# Posted: 5 May 2013 13:03

oh. the shizzer shack is my "outhouse". It's an 8x16 pole barn. I have a envirolet composting toilet I picked up cheap in there already ... and as soon as I can get the workshop out ... a shower and the clothes washer. all hooked up to a rainwater collection system. well. by June hopefully (plans).
I should mention that the three buildings are 30 yards from each other.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.