Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Tyvek instead of felt paper on roof?
Owen Kellogg
# Posted: 23 May 2013 12:32

I'm building a 12 x 24 cabin, and I'm just now getting to framing the walls. I recently acquired a butt-load of Tyvek housewrap for free. It's enough to wrap the cabin at least 4 times so I obviously will have plenty left over.

I'm planning on installing a metal roof, with OSB as sheathing. I was wondering if I could use the Tyvek as a moisture barrier between the wood and metal, instead of using the felt/tar stuff. I'd like to save a few bucks, but only if this is acceptable.

By the way - I'm not concerned about being code-complaint. I just need to know if the Tyvek will work.

ICC
# Posted: 23 May 2013 12:47 - Edited by: ICC

it will work fine but be warned it will also be a lot more slippery when working on the roof.. there are special textured synthetics made special for roofs; just thought i'd mention that as addition info for any readers. .

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.