Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / BERG Extended Run Gas Tank
MJW
# Posted: 4 Jun 2013 19:08

Is anyone here using this?

BERG Dual Extended Run Fuel Tank

I ordered one a couple of weeks ago and it has been nothing but problems.

First the vent was stuck closed and now one of the connectors has failed.

Almost $200 with shipping for a piece of plastic and a couple of hoses. I am not impressed.

MJW
# Posted: 6 Jun 2013 11:03

No one else using this?

I wonder why...hahaha.

Rossman
# Posted: 6 Jun 2013 11:35

Anyone using anything even like this to extend their honda generator run time?

This post has made me leary of this tank, is there perhaps other kinds that work on gravity feeding or some such, which might be more reliable?

littlesalmon4
# Posted: 6 Jun 2013 11:48

You can try tourbuddy. They make aux fuel tanks for snowmobiles and ATV's. They are typically plumbed through the vent lines.

http://tourbuddy.com/

MJW
# Posted: 6 Jun 2013 11:59

Quoting: Rossman
This post has made me leary of this tank

Listen, I have been on the phone with these people for the past 3 days with one problem after the other and they keep trying to tell me I bought a used tank while I explain that there is no way it was used as I had to assemble it when I got it, etc.

I think I could tell if it had been used.

They have loads of good reviews and I guess there is always the possibility of getting a dud but really, the problems with this thing are amazing.

The capper is the obvious attempt to not replace the thing or give a refund. Guess I just bought one helluva expensive gas can.

Rossman
# Posted: 6 Jun 2013 13:24

It's crazy to me that they wouldn't just send out a replacement. There are always duds on any production line. They should just replace it.

Messed up, that the place would argue with you about whether you bought it used. They clearly have a thing or two to learn about customer service...

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.