Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / bathroom floor choice
dlbell4
# Posted: 5 Aug 2013 18:13

I am finishing out a cabin in texas and am looking for options on bathroom floor choices. I was told not to use ceramic tile because if cabin shifted it could crack. Wood flooring if it gets wet it could warp. Are vinyl planks the best option?

WY_mark
# Posted: 5 Aug 2013 20:01

I have installed vinyl planks in my mom's basement and my office and love them. super durable, easy to install, look better than expected. That said, in our last bathroom remodel we used vinyl sheet flooring and kinda love the lack of seams. the glue is nasty nasty toxic stuff, but it went down easy in the small space....of course given the smallness of a bathroom I might do planks if I did it over again since it's such a low dollar total.

if you're going to leave it un-heated for long in the winter the vinyl planks will be unhappy.

Borrego
# Posted: 5 Aug 2013 22:03

I would (and did) use tile even though my cabin is likely to shift a little (even built to do so). The sq footage is small, most bathrooms are only 5'x8', minus 15 sq ft for the tub leaves only 25 sq ft to tile, and even if one does crack they are easy to cut out and replace. The look is so much better and they are the best product for wet rooms by far...

beachman
# Posted: 7 Aug 2013 20:09

We used ceramic tile as well and no problems over the first Winter. I agree with Borrego that bathrooms are small - ours is 5 x 8 too - so it becomes fairly easy to do. Plan ahead is the key. And plan for toilet and drain holes. The tile is much easier to cut before you put it down.

dlbell4
# Posted: 8 Aug 2013 11:53

thanks for the info.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.