Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / wall mounted corner sink - what's first
optimistic
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 13:59

Do I first install the wall cover (I am using wood strips for my wall cover) and then the sink or first install the sink on the studs and then wall cover around it?

Martian
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 14:21

Seal up the wall, then hang the sink. If its wood strips, seal them before hanging the sink.

Tom

optimistic
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 14:50

Thanks Tom... Still didn't get my epoxy system!!! the company has no number to call so this is annoying as hell. Good thing i bought using amazon check out...

Martian
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 17:30

What kind of faucet does your sink use? If it is a wall mount faucet, be sure and put blocking in before you seal the wall. Same with the sink mounts; put in blocking.

Tom

optimistic
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 20:00

faucet -
http://www.amazon.com/LightInTheBox-Contemporary-Waterfall-Bathroom-Faucet/dp/B0043OZ 6YY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1377820762&sr=8-4&keywords=faucet

Sink -
http://www.amazon.com/Barclay-Petite-Corner-Basin-White/dp/B00466X4C0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U TF8&qid=1377820794&sr=8-1&keywords=corner+sink

What is blocking?

Martian
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 20:19

You don't need to worry about it for the faucet. Depending on how the sink mounts, then you may need it.

Blocking is usually 2X material placed between the studs to facilitate mounting things. For instance, you might put it where a grab rail would be, or a towel rack. Or, a sink.

Tom

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.