Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / What Two Things that you Really Got Right?
<< . 1 . 2 .
TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 2 Dec 2013 14:40

1. - taking the risk to do this while we are young and our kids our very young.

2. built simple and energy tight.

rayyy
# Posted: 3 Dec 2013 18:42

I have been thinking about this question for a long time and I think I have finally got my two answers.
#1.Never loose faith in your self.Don't listen to the negative,"you can't do that"type of people.They almost had me convinced I really can't do this.But you know what?I did it anyway!

#2.Think about your next project.Put it on paper and really research it.Having a good design and game plan in place before you build.Learn by your past mistakes.

redlandfd
# Posted: 4 Dec 2013 08:49

bobrok -I agree, the promise of indoor bathrooms does keep the peace on a building project.

TheCabinCalls- yep a good cabin is a great place for the kids, too

rayy- I still get a case of the negatives and I've done this before!

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 6 Dec 2013 02:16

Having our shell built by a pro.

Buying a Blaze King wood stove

Having pros do the plumbing because my husband was stressing it ( he works away from home a lot, time issue).

I know, that is three, but I couldn't help it!

beachman
# Posted: 6 Dec 2013 17:53

I agree with most of the comments but I will add my two. Moving closer to my cabin and going there often. Keeps me alive and rejuvenated!

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.