Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / 6x8 D logs or 6x12
Airops
# Posted: 22 Dec 2013 03:28

anyone know someone that is selling these size logs at discount price new or used any amount will do but need roughly 2200 Ln ft. Thanks

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 22 Dec 2013 15:48

You can get "pole" permits from the National Forest. It may be somewhat limited. Try looking into it. Otherwise, spot a nice stand of tall straight timbered lot and offer to buy some of it. I see these timber tracts with perfect, tall straight trees and I always think how perfect they would be for a log home.

Nirky
# Posted: 23 Dec 2013 20:52

I've priced these types of logs (although 6x8 non-D) and retail they are very expensive. My solution was to purchase a bandsaw mill and mill my own lumber. More involved to be sure, but the numbers say the mill will just about pay for itself with the first cabin.

If you don't need dimensional lumber, you can get 8-ft or longer logs cheaply from firewood sellers.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.