Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / 16x24 foundation
<< . 1 . 2 .
xinull
# Posted: 19 Jun 2018 00:19

I'm just purchased a lot and i'm in the planning stages of my cabin. Do you have any more pictures of the entire foundation, floor and framing steps?

I've build sheds before, but all smaller than 14x18...so i'm just trying to get some ideas. I like the way you made you're pads for your foundation, i'm thinking of going the same way since my lot is not easily accessible either

curt
# Posted: 19 Jun 2018 00:42

Here are a few. Email me for a photobucket link at cobra_ca@hotmail.com
100_1043.JPG
100_1043.JPG
100_1047.JPG
100_1047.JPG
100_1049.JPG
100_1049.JPG
100_1051.JPG
100_1051.JPG

Delbert
# Posted: 31 Dec 2019 22:12

curt
Are you still active on this forum? I read your thread on the 16x28 cabin and would like to know if you could share your plans and costs please.

WILL1E
# Posted: 27 Jan 2021 11:36 - Edited by: WILL1E

curt Not sure if you are still around or not, however i found this old post because i'm contemplating the same elevated platform concept sitting on precast concrete pads.

Can you confirm your joists and beams are 2x10's?
Did you fasten/attach the beams to your structure below them?

Simonfredette
# Posted: 15 Apr 2021 08:26

I am also building somewhere i don't imagine being able to drill or dig piles, in wondering where code puts this , if i can dig and pour a form of concrete and use blocks on top or put brackets in the concrete to hold 6x6 posts, it would save me quite a headache. Im building in ontario on a ridge thats likely mostly canadian shield rock

travellerw
# Posted: 21 Jul 2021 14:26

I know this is an old post, but it seems to come up when searching cabin foundations. It seems the original poster has moved on (probably enjoying his cabin).

Not sure if its a coincidence, but this plan looks to be the one he built. I thought I would post it for anyone that might stumble on this and is interested in building a similar one.

http://www.cabinplans123.com/details.php?plan=C0400A

robbyoutdoors
# Posted: 22 Feb 2022 14:25

Hello, I am new to the forum here. I live in Wisconsin but bought a small piece of property in an unorganized area about 10 miles outside of Dryden, Ontario. Thanks to Covid, I am 2 years behind with everything. This year I plan to make several trips up to clear the trees for my place. I am contemplating putting up a PWF (permanant wood foundation) with treated wood and timbers. This would create a small crawlspace foundation for me to insulate and store things in under the cabin as well. Does anyone have any experience with PWF foundations?

gcrank1
# Posted: 22 Feb 2022 15:14

Welcome RO
So your inquiry doesnt get lost in this particular thread you will be better off starting your own 'build thread' with your own questions. Funny thing about these is that lots of good info comes up and its nice to have all yours in one place.

Farlane_
# Posted: 16 Nov 2022 07:24

I am dealing with a 12 by 16 building supported by six concrete piers which have been damaged by ice out and then high water. This is in Ontario. I plan to use some of the ideas posted to build new support. The three layer system using 6X6 and plywood on rock. How do I size the pads ? Is there any preference using 2/6 or 6/6 ? Do the materials need to be ground contact grade ?

Brettny
# Posted: 16 Nov 2022 08:21

For a 12x16 I wouldnt even put anything in the ground. Pus skids under it that are strong and put it on blocks. I have a 10x14 shed I just have 6x6 skids, did next to no site work and put each runner on blocks. It's been fine for 3yrs, havent even adjusted the door. No gravel, no digging, six 12x12in pavers and six 8x8x16in concrete blocks. Wood shims to level.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.