Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Winter projects?
burtonridr
# Posted: 7 Jan 2014 18:00

Anybody doing anything at there cabin at the moment?

SE Ohio
# Posted: 8 Jan 2014 13:55

I have more cabin plans than time! I'm working on a design for a solar powered outhouse radio, no $#1+! I've got some old solar lamps that I plan to wire in series to power a transistor radio. If it is sunny, the outhouse will have radio reception. I'll try to have everything put together at home so I'll need minimal "cabin time" for the project.

I could also start cutting some of next year's firewood.

Sarg68
# Posted: 8 Jan 2014 19:55

I'm going to take the first load of #2 stone down to the cabin on Monday of next week 13 Jan. Start the two track through the field. Other that that its been to damn cold to do much. Cheers Sarg68

ShabinNo5
# Posted: 11 Jan 2014 19:51

We are installing reclaimed T&G flooring in the loft. Snowshoed in about 1/3 mile with pulling supplies. There is about 30" of snow.
image.jpg
image.jpg

MtnDon
# Posted: 11 Jan 2014 20:08

Winter in the part of NM that we call home is kind of nice. No snow to deal with as a rule and daytime temps in the 50's unless a storm is doing its thing. So, today I finished up painting the house and sheds. I started the job a month or more ago so yeah, I took my time. Painted my utility trailer as well following the same theme.
shed 2
shed 2
shed 1
shed 1
house
house

MtnDon
# Posted: 11 Jan 2014 20:09 - Edited by: MtnDon

trailer with extended tongue
trailer r
trailer r
trailer f
trailer f

Just
# Posted: 11 Jan 2014 20:43

looks good Don..

neb
# Posted: 11 Jan 2014 23:41

Looks good MtnDon. Now what are you going to do to stay busy? LOL Looks more like a summer project then a winter project. LOL Weather looks nice there.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 12 Jan 2014 07:29

I just snowblowed out my cabin. I figure I shuffled and pushed them blowers for over two miles. The drive way is 1,500' and 14'' of settled snow. Anyway I can probably get to the cabin next weekend.......................Unless it snows again!
Next time I'll bring the John Deere.

beachman
# Posted: 12 Jan 2014 11:17

MtnDon, you have just given me an inspiration. I plan to build (or buy) a similar trailer, then have some pontoons or flotation device that I can attach to the trailer to float the stuff over to our water only access camp. May have to wait for my solar installation this spring. I am getting too old to schlep all the stuff from the truck to the boat, then from the boat to the camp.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 12 Jan 2014 11:36 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

I had the drywall crew at my southern camp last month....they finished the drywall on the 19 foot ceiling in the den/kitchen area & my small mud room....and the bedroom in the 1/2 loft is done....ceiling/knee walls and gable end.
One crew of 3 installed drywall /another crew of 3 finished/ and another crew of 3 sanded /textured the ceiling ( 22 sheets of 1/2" 8' x 12' sheets)....so GLAD that project is complete 12/26/13...

NEXT~~~I will insulate the den /kitchen area ~`only area not insulated ( insulation will be completed this week--whole camp)
then I have the brick mason coming in a couple weeks--to do my hearth when my wood stove is.....I am using wood mold-vintage reclaimed bricks ( gezzz I sound so green and hip..lol) the bricks are over 100 years old.
And next will be finish the knotty pine in the den/kitchen area...and I will be at 85 % complete with cabin..

neb
# Posted: 12 Jan 2014 12:04 - Edited by: neb

TH sounds like things are moving along. I think all of us want to see some pictures.

I installed a small wood stove in Dec. It was a little cold on the install but things are nice and warm now. LOL

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.