Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Ontario lumber
Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 2 Feb 2014 13:26

Hey fellow Ontarians!

Does anyone have a good source for pine flooring, siding etc. in the Toronto - Peterborough - Barrie area?
I looking for the best price I can find.
Thanks

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 2 Feb 2014 19:14 - Edited by: skootamattaschmidty

This may be a little too far east for you but just north of Belleville off highway 37 is a place called Chisholm lumber. I bought some pine siding from them and rough cut pine about 4 years ago. I was really impressed with the quality, price and variety of products. I was also able to go and pick what I wanted from their piles. They have a website at chisholmlumber.com.

old243
# Posted: 2 Feb 2014 21:51

A bit further away for you. South Bruce flooring. They have mill, kilns and manufacture , unfinished and prefinished flooring. Also trim of every sort. They are south of Walkerton. I believe they have a website. Take a day trip they have everything on display. Old243

Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 2 Feb 2014 22:08

Thanks Skoot and Old 243 I will check them out

leonk
# Posted: 4 Feb 2014 20:20

There's a small mill off HW400 north of exit 121 (north of Barrie).
I forgot the name, but they have a sign right on the East side of HW.
I didn't use them, but I was told the price is good.
Try Peacock lumber in Oshawa as well, they have catalog on the web site.

old243
# Posted: 11 Feb 2014 09:13

Ontarian, I mentioned south bruce flooring , as a flooring siding source. I heard on the local radio station, that they are holding a one day sale, this thur feb 14 . Valentines Day. Buy your sweetie some lumber.: old243

Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 11 Feb 2014 10:27

Thanks for the heads up Old243

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.