Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / cathedral roof venting plans
rhjv
# Posted: 4 Apr 2014 18:10

Hello folks,

New to this forum, I've learned a lot of cool stuff so far. I am building a 16x20 cabin with open roof concept (cathedral, no flat ceiling), and I have a 2x8 ridge beam with 2x6 rafters, and doubled collar at every 4 ft. My plan is to soffit vent screened hole at soffit between the rafters, and also drill 2 1" holes at top half of the ridge between each rafter. I will use 3 1/2" fibreglass insulation so that will leave me with 2" of airspace between uper roof sheating and insulation. I figure that with our cold, long, dry winters and cool/warm summers, and with the winds that we get, this should be more than sufficient to allow adequate air flow / moisture escape. I live in arctic canada, way up north, and again with the winds and snow that we get, I dont see a ridge vent working, it'll get clogged and/or fill the roof with snow. So i figure as long as I got adequate are flow/movement in between in/out between both soffits between each rafter, that should work just fine.

I am looking forward to hearing of any concern, advise etc from anyone.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.