Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / make sure you keep your roof from leaking.
OwenChristensen
# Posted: 27 Apr 2014 17:56

Way too many buildings have become worthless because of leaky roofs.
It could have been saved
It could have been saved

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 27 Apr 2014 19:18

so sad...such a nice old place...I see old barns /cabins in my travels...one piece of tin blown off...then two pieces the next time I ride by...and then roofs gone and the places fall in ....

davestreck
# Posted: 27 Apr 2014 19:39

The oldtimers used to say that the easiest way to take down a barn was to just cut a one-foot hole in the roof and then wait a few years.

Smawgunner
# Posted: 27 Apr 2014 19:57

It was only a small leak too

beachman
# Posted: 27 Apr 2014 20:32

Imagine, the work, time, effort and cost to build these beautiful structures, to see them decaying everywhere. It would cost a fortune to replace them. After most of them are gone, they will be given "heritage" status.

rmak
# Posted: 27 Apr 2014 21:24

Our 1909 post and beam barn had rolled roofing. An edge blew off in the winter and serious rot was evident within a month.

We were either going to let it crumble and build a nice new pole barn or try to save it. It took four years of income tax returns to cover it head to toe with steel.

We are glad we did. They don't build 'em like that anymore.

rayyy
# Posted: 30 Apr 2014 17:04

It's really bad here in western new York.I see old houses and barns crumbeling everywhere.Our crazy state government is just hell bent on taxing the crap out of everybody's property.It's pay up or we take it.Many good people are leaving this state every day of the week.Way to expensive with no jobs,dead,flat economy.It's so sad.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.