Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Problem with trusses...
Usa89gt
# Posted: 23 May 2014 21:05

Hi folks,

My build is underway 24x12 cabin with a 6ft porch. I was up on the ladder inspecting the contractors work and I noticed the ridge line is crooked. They said an engineered truss is crowned but my question is why wasn't this picked up before tin roof was installed. Seems to be off 1" and being the anal retentive person I am it drives me nuts. Roof is 12/12 and 99% wouldn't notice but I do. Any thoughts? Can they rip some of the crowned truss or remove the strapping to draw it down onto the truss? The lateral strapping would remain minus the piece over the truss however it will be supported.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 24 May 2014 07:42

I'm not sure it's a problem except for the builder. It's hard to build when things don't line up, but I don't think it will matter after it's done. I've seen a little size difference before in trusses and just run shortest to tallest in order. They all should have been made in a jig, it's strange that a 12' truss could be off by that much, Maybe from banding and stored out in the rain? I build mine on the floor right on site, so they're near perfect.

Good luck

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.