Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / electrical wiring interior walls are already done
rja93425
# Posted: 17 May 2010 21:27

I have recently acquired a small cabin and wish to have a generator used to provide power as it is off the grid. i would like to have 4 wall sockets and three over head lights. the problem is that the cabin for all intensive purpose is finished interior walls are finished what are my options for running the wiring setup???

bugs
# Posted: 17 May 2010 22:41

rja93425

You could try a product called wire mold or an equivalent. These of course run along the outside of the walls.

larry
# Posted: 17 May 2010 23:39

you could also run the wires in the wall with a little work. using "old work" boxes and a fish tape

MikeOnBike
# Posted: 18 May 2010 16:58

http://tools.wiremold.com/diy/index.asp

HomeDepot and Lowes carry the stuff.

Do you have access to the space under the floor? Is it uninsulated? If so you can run wires in the joist space and up into the walls to the 'old work'.

Rob_O
# Posted: 19 May 2010 00:04

Your other option would be electrical conduit on the outside of the cabin.

rja93425
# Posted: 19 May 2010 20:27

new issue with the wiring i have a single phase 1000 watt 15amp max output generator and im am trying to run it through a small circut breaker box with two fifteen amp circut breakers i think im pretty sure its all wired correctly but cant get power anyone have any suggestions

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 7 Aug 2010 20:17

Quoting: rja93425
I have recently acquired a small cabin and wish to have a generator used to provide power as it is off the grid. i would like to have 4 wall sockets and three over head lights. the problem is that the cabin for all intensive purpose is finished interior walls are finished what are my options for running the wiring setup???

You could run all your wire in the floor area, then poke up via conduit for an outlet every so often, just a foot off the floor itself, run up further for a light switch then beyond to the lamp itself. Just one idea.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.