Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Cabin Plans 01
RDLong70
# Posted: 30 May 2010 20:57

I sketched out some foundation plans. The outer piers being concrete and the inner yellow piers just being stacked block. Think this looks good or too many piers? Is there a thing as too many? ;)

It's 14x12 with a 4x8 outer front for a office area. It will be 2 levels with a loft. I'll post more as I pan.

soundandfurycabin
# Posted: 2 Jun 2010 18:37

If you have point loads from a support post (for example, holding up the ridge or loft), then it is best to have a pier directly underneath.

If the piers go down to solid ground below the frost line, then more piers shouldn't pose a problem (other than perhaps being more work than necessary). But if they are just resting on the ground, then you might have to re-level the cabin once in a while due to the ground settling or frost heave. In that case, it is much easier if you keep all the piers easily accessible from the outside perimeter.

Borrego
# Posted: 2 Jun 2010 22:28

Overkill. As said, your foundation just needs to support your overall structure. What are those plans?

RDLong70
# Posted: 3 Jun 2010 18:11

What are those plans?

Um, what do you mean? I got the basic idea from another cabin/small house plan and modified it using SketchUp. I am sort of laying everything out so I can see what I like, and want to possibly change. Plus knowing what materials I will need.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.