Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / still working on the place in the woods
cabingal3
# Posted: 22 Jun 2010 00:46 - Edited by: cabingal3

we just got back from our cabin.we are slowly working on it for us to retire at.
we got the insulation in.the walls over the insulation to cover it.we finished the deck and put a glass in the front door and we also made book cases.
we did this all this trip.we feel happy to get alot done.
next we build an outhouse(we have one...it is tarped and we want more privacy),and we have to get tons of fallen rotted wood off the ground and level this and then-build a workshop with a carport and a bigger cabin to one day connect with the first cabin.we met some guy who has the neatest cabin...he said he went 50 ft.to get his well.he pounded it in.his friend will let us use the pounder for 300$.so we feel really happy we are headed to our peace of a big long time dream.
cabin workings
cabin workings

cabingal3
# Posted: 26 Jan 2012 13:53

hello cabin buddies.
we,me and the mister are getting ready to head to the woods and our cabn come the end of Feb.
we are excited as can be.we get to burn our many piles from tearing down a camper.have two more to tear down...but this will happen soon enough.
we are dreaming next of a living room next...after we put shakes on the outside kitchen cabin walls.we have three bundles to put on.thats in the spring too.so its exciting to have lots of fun projects.
we retire out there in two years.So getting the cabin to live in ready is pretty important.
I cannt wait to help gar build his work shop.
dont have much more than this right now.will post photos soon after we get back.

naturelover66
# Posted: 26 Jan 2012 15:41

Have a fun and safe trip! XO

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 26 Jan 2012 17:20

like the pic----looks GREAT!!!!
2 years will be here before you know it!!!!!!!

do you have power at the camp????

hattie
# Posted: 26 Jan 2012 21:15

Hi cabingal3 and GaryO....Can't wait to see more pictures of your place. It sounds like things are going great for you! Keep us posted and have lots and lots of fun!!

cabingal3
# Posted: 27 Jan 2012 15:37

Quoting: turkeyhunter
do you have power at the camp????

we have a generator and i dont know if we are gonna go the normal route or not.maybe stay off the grid.this is what i would like.it depends on what the mister decides is best.
hattie-they are going good.thank u and i am glad things are going better for u too and for your dear hubby.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.