Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Deliberately Install Bathroom Faucet Handle "Open"?
spencerin
# Posted: 29 Oct 2014 23:39

Can you deliberately install almost any two-handle bathroom faucet with one handle in the closed position, but it actually is open? For example, both look closed, but the right / cold handle is fully open will actually let water through.

22hemi13
# Posted: 30 Oct 2014 06:59

Yes the stems can be installed backward. Easy way to check it it to put stem in and before tightening just slide the handle on and turn to see if it's correct

spencerin
# Posted: 31 Oct 2014 00:16

That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

MtnDon
# Posted: 31 Oct 2014 09:50

Well, it depends. There are some that have keyed parts to make it impossible to assemble the parts in the wrong direction.

bobrok
# Posted: 31 Oct 2014 11:32

Don't European lavatory handles turn in the opposite direction?

MtnDon
# Posted: 31 Oct 2014 14:07 - Edited by: MtnDon

I have not noticed that although that may be because we only stay in older areas with older buildings. I do believe there may be some EU rule that now states all hot faucets must turn the same way. Not sure when/if.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.