Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / cellulose insulation
justme
# Posted: 10 Apr 2015 22:05

Can I put plastic up then pop some holes it to let the air out then put the rock up? Then how go you mont the plastic to the studs and not have it pull off of the studs?

bldginsp
# Posted: 11 Apr 2015 20:05

Holes in the plastic will defeat the purpose of a vapor barrier. The idea is to prevent, or reduce, migration of warm moist air to the cold space above the insulation where the moisture will condense.

As for putting up plastic, many hands make light work.

Good luck

justme
# Posted: 11 Apr 2015 22:14

This is for my walls and I would patch the air holes when I was done packing the cellulose so that the barrier would be intakes. They use a cover the let's the air escaped when pros do it but I don't have the funds for that much less hiring it out.

MtnDon
# Posted: 13 Apr 2015 14:14 - Edited by: MtnDon

Depending on your climate zone plastic sheeting may be a really bad idea. If you are in a hot - humid climate you do not want anything on the inside that could be a vapor barrier. Not even vinyl wallpaper. Especially bad if the interior is air conditioned.

one resource on vapor barriers/retarders/climate

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.