Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Have a Look on few stylish and moveable cabins?
Jason Markin
# Posted: 14 May 2015 02:14 - Edited by: Jason Markin

Hey Guys!

I am fond of collection new ideas on making tiny homes and cabins.

In the end, i have placed the few one moveable and trendy cabins images made of shipping containers.

What are your views for using it ?
Tiny home cum cabin
Tiny home cum cabin
Modern cabins
Modern cabins

Steve_S
# Posted: 14 May 2015 08:15

Have seen several incarnations of Sea Can based homes, workshops etc some of which are quite surprising & innovative.

The one thing that stands out will almost all of them is the "Insulation Factor". They are a bear to insulate and even clad properly. You would think that some forward thinking company would create an insulation panel _/-\_/-\_/-\_/-\_ that would fit the ribs. Remember these are ISO Containers and the spec is pretty consistent. Sure there is spray foam and flat boards but if some company had the foresight to see the potential huge market opportunity just sitting there...

Ohh well, Pet Peeve I suppose as I was actually looking into using Sea Cans but found solutions somewhat lacking for insulating them well.

creeky
# Posted: 14 May 2015 10:16

I saw a sea can build where the guy wrapped it in straw bales for insulation. I thought using them on the roof really took advantage of their strengths.

Would make a fast temporary abode for sure.

Jason Markin
# Posted: 15 May 2015 00:09

Quoting: Steve_S
Ohh well, Pet Peeve I suppose as I was actually looking into using Sea Cans but found solutions somewhat lacking for insulating them well.

I am agreed with your worry. I have researched on it and find some solutions for you.

Here is the link where you come to know about you query for insulation. Please check at http://www.wikihow.com/Insulate-a-Shipping-Container-Home

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.