Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Interior use of Eco Wood Treatment on pine tounge and groove ceiling
kmaxwell42
# Posted: 12 Jun 2015 23:03

I just built a cabin and used Pine tounge and groove on the inside of the ceiling. I want to seal the inside to prevent yellowing and love the idea of having a weathered barn wood look. I have heard good reviews about the Eco Wood Treatment but most information seems to be about outdoor use. Not sure why it wouldn't work inside as its non toxic but wanted to reach out to others before I make a final decision. If anyone can share any pictures of projects where this product was used, that would also be appreciated. Thanks!

Don_P
# Posted: 13 Jun 2015 10:28

Don't forget that many toxic or irritating things are natural.
Do a search for the MSDS sheet for the product. I've also called the manufacturer before when a client wanted to use an outdoor product inside (it was conventional chemical laden exterior stuff and they said "no way!")

Nothing will prevent darkening of some woods like pine over time, you can sometimes slow it but nothing stops it from happening. It's the bitten apple turning brown but I've never found Fruit Fresh for it. Some finishes can accentuate the darkening, some can hide it. A weathered color finish would hide it where a natural (and naturally amber) penetrating oil would accentuate it.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 13 Jun 2015 10:33 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

I always like the aged look. Be it naturally (takes longer) or with a coating to give it the aged look or silvering affect.

I have no response/expereince to the outdoor stuff for indoor use.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.