Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Hot Water Tankless: Model # FVI12-NG
Rowjr
# Posted: 10 Jul 2015 11:16

Hot water Tank less. Would anybody have anything to say about this product ? I'm looking at possibly for my cabin in W Va. and my well water comes out of the ground around 52 degree's.
Model__FVI12NG_man.pdfAttached file: Model__FVI12NG_man.pdf

Model__FVI12NG_Ins.pdfAttached file: Model__FVI12NG_Ins.pdf

creeky
# Posted: 10 Jul 2015 16:01

been using the L12 propane model for 18 months contiguous in a very cold climate.

not bad. lots of power. it will scoff at 52 input and still have the power to scald.

2 things:

It does not have a modulating flame. that means if the temp of the incoming water changes the temp of the outgoing water changes. if your well water is steady temp you don't care.

it uses interior air for combustion while ejecting air outdoors. if you have a good size bathroom/air draw area you don't care.

Some models in the same price range (Marey) have both features. exterior combustion/exhaust. modulating flame.

something to look at.

RedTailHawk
# Posted: 10 Jul 2015 23:38

I have a cabin in WV and I installed the Stiebel Eltron Tempra 36 Plus. Works great.

drb777
# Posted: 11 Jul 2015 17:27

I've been using the L12 natural gas model for a couple of years. It works well, and certainly has enough BTU capacity for your application. As shown in the installation instructions, be sure to add a pressure/temperature relief valve and drain, also a cut-off inlet fuel valve for safety.
As others has also discovered, the location for mounting the unit tends to be most handy close to the shower, in case temp/gas flow adjustments are needed.
If you go with this unit, be sure to shop around, sometimes it's possible to find Ecotemp units online at a substantial discount.

Rowjr
# Posted: 25 Jul 2015 12:51

cool I really appreciate all the feedback and I will return it as soon as I get it installed probably this fall

Rowjr
# Posted: 31 Oct 2015 07:31

Subject got pretty quiet I would figure there would be quite a bit discussion on something like this. Hey it saves energy and water....

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.