Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Cottage Rookie Bunkie and Dock code questions
Kennisis
# Posted: 18 Aug 2015 14:35

Hi all,

I got an island on Lake Kennisis and have a few questions regarding my Bunkie and dock plans. What I know is the following:
- No permit needed for bunkie who's outside measurements are less than 108 sqr ft
- No permit needed for floating docks and ramps.

My questions are as follows:

1. Does the 108 sqr ft include the roof awning overhang?
2. As I understand, I can have a deck attached to the bunkie. Is there a size limitation to the deck if uncovered? In other words, can I first build a stand alone oversized deck with the intention of building the bunkie on top at a later date?
3. I'm reading about "Marine Facilities" to figure out about a deck on the shore that connects to the ramp and floating dock. What are the limitations of the deck area max, height off ground, proximity to high water mark, etc.?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.