Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Vacuum attachment for cleaning beams?
paqcrewmama
# Posted: 24 Aug 2015 19:51

We have reclaimed, hand-hewn barn timbers for many of our posts and beams. Some posts have the mortars and the roof trusses on the porch have the tenons. Fell in love with the cabin when I saw those!

Now I have to figure out the best way to "clean" them. I would LOVE to find some type of vac. attachment with a firm brush with a flexible head that would kind of brush up the dust that settles on top of the beams and vac at the same time (I have asthma so I try to avoid just brushing the beams and stirring up the dust). How are you cleaning those beams? I'm not a fanatical housekeeper but I would like to move the dust bunnies out periodically. THANKS!

Just
# Posted: 24 Aug 2015 20:56

we made a wand extension from a length of 1.25 abs pipe, it would attach to our sears vacuum and reach both our beams and ceiling fans .

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.