Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Grate Idea
CootersShabin
# Posted: 31 Aug 2015 10:40

I think I mentioned it before on here, but I'll mention it again. I had wanted to reclaim a downtown fire escape to build my deck/walkway with, but I was unable to secure one in time and really wanted final inspection to go away so I ended up with wood walkways, landings, and steps a couple years ago. I've since added a few additions. Each entrance now has a section of Steel Grating, this works great for stomping off snow boots in Winter (many bars have it in snowmobile country) and shedding a little sand in summer. I took this grating to a different level fairly recently this summer; I placed a long section along the roof drip-line in the walkway to help keep water from splashing on the side of the building. It seems to work quite well in light to moderate rain, but heavy downfalls and storms still get the building wet. I didn't want to add any sort of gutter (though I may when and if I decide to do a rain barrel for fire backup), and I didn't want to extend the roof (though I still have those poles long if I decide to do it). I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. (Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but I think you'll get the idea.)

Cooters Shabin
IMG_20150618_181507_.jpg
IMG_20150618_181507_.jpg

creeky
# Posted: 31 Aug 2015 11:54

that is cool.

DaveBell
# Posted: 31 Aug 2015 19:45

Innovation.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 31 Aug 2015 20:59

I put one of those boot brushes on my top step. Found it at a farm supply store.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.