Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Moving Cabin
<< . 1 . 2 .
Mountain Madness
# Posted: 2 Mar 2016 10:13

NorthRick,

I thought about having a crane come pick it up. I am not sure if a ten wheeler can make it there or not without high centering coming up the drive way. I would guess a crawler mounted crane would be able to get there.

Old 243,

I would like to put a real foundation under the cabin but it is really remote and short of setting up my own batch plant I can't get mud out there. As far as digging unless I bring my skid steer with a hammer I won't be able to get down hardly at all. The rock here presents some unique challenges. It's really tough trying to do site work without large equipment. Trying to do stuff by hand is almost futile.

I am waiting for three more feet of snow to melt here.... I am going to analyze and evaluate and get a better plan. Right now I have a 7' in diameter tree down across the main access road I have to deal with. The snow melting has made its own challenges for access. On the road to the cabin there will be dry spots for a couple of hundred yards followed by a hundred yards of 5' feet of drifted snow. It makes access real tough on my snowmobile but almost impossible on my quad , you can't get a pick up within ten miles right now.

So waiting is the name of the game for now. Wish I had an extra $4,000.00 for a set of tracks for the quad. I think they would make life easier when dealing with these road conditions.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.