Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Keeping it simple.... but how simple? Tyvek?
Ditchmonkey
# Posted: 29 Mar 2016 12:45

I'm building a treehouse guest "cottage" and I'm not going to insulate the structure. I would like to keep it as simple as possible while providing basic protection from the elements and all the rain we get here. Regarding the siding, I was thinking of using OSB or Ply for the walls, and putting some kind of decorative siding on the outside of that. In this scenario, would you use house wrap?

Littlecooner
# Posted: 29 Mar 2016 13:11

yes

Jabberwocky
# Posted: 29 Mar 2016 18:44

Yes. Wet OSB is not good.

Don_P
# Posted: 29 Mar 2016 20:44

For what you are describing, I'd look into something single wall like T1-11

rockies
# Posted: 29 Mar 2016 20:49

If you get a lot of rain you should build a rain screen wall. Attach vertical strapping about 3/8" thick and 2 inches wide every 16 inches on center on the walls and then attach the siding to those. Any water that gets behind the siding will run down and out and the siding can air dry on both sides.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.