Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Finally ! Rafters...
OutdoorFanatic
# Posted: 2 Apr 2016 18:25

Deck sat all winter covered up.

Started framing in late march after the melt off. Now trying to beat the rainy season, which is in a few weeks.

I have done every bit of this all by myself and cant wait to just sit back inside and sink into a nice soft seat.

bldginsp
# Posted: 2 Apr 2016 18:52

Congrats! When you are relaxing on a chair under your roof, and you hear the rain on the roof, I think you will feel a great sense of satisfaction.

OutdoorFanatic
# Posted: 2 Apr 2016 19:52

At least when the roof is on I can stay in it all weekend and work at my leisure.

Seems like I'm always trying to beat the time and the weather. Will be nice to look out the window at the weather and not worry about the time.

The siding will be the easiest thing to do to the place because I can take a year to do that if I want.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 2 Apr 2016 20:05

WOW, you've made great progress! That's awesome! It looks super!

bldginsp
# Posted: 2 Apr 2016 20:05

Yep- get a roof on it. Priority one.

OutdoorFanatic
# Posted: 2 Apr 2016 21:30

Thanks Julie, wanted to set all 28 rafters today and do the fly rafters and plywood next weekend. But, as usual, a bill got in the way.

Cant wait to tell them all to stick their bills where the sun doesn't shine.

OutdoorFanatic
# Posted: 2 Apr 2016 21:31

I'm a trying. Friend once told me, "The foundation and the roof are where the cost are.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.