Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Ditchmonkey Treehouse Cottage Build
Ditchmonkey
# Posted: 11 Apr 2016 16:11

I'm about 2 weeks into my treehouse cottage build (working mostly on weekends). I decided to go with a tribeam setup. Yesterday we installed the beams in the trees with TABs (treehouse attachment bolts), also known as Garnier Limbs. Summary: getting these beams in the trees was difficult and dangerous work for beginners like ourselves, but somehow we manged it with no casualties.
IMG_1602.jpg
IMG_1602.jpg
IMG_1621.jpg
IMG_1621.jpg
IMG_1628.jpg
IMG_1628.jpg
IMG_1633.jpg
IMG_1633.jpg

Ditchmonkey
# Posted: 11 Apr 2016 16:12

Couple more pics.
IMG_1635.jpg
IMG_1635.jpg
IMG_1639.jpg
IMG_1639.jpg

bldginsp
# Posted: 11 Apr 2016 22:37

Looks like fun. What are treehouse bolts, and how do you deal with tree movement in wind?

Got pics of the bolts?

AK Seabee
# Posted: 11 Apr 2016 23:05

Good luck on your build!

RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 12 Apr 2016 07:28

Very cool. Love seeing your progress!!

Keep the pics coming

ColdFlame
# Posted: 12 Apr 2016 10:11

I can't wait to see this progress! Subscribed for sure.

Ditchmonkey
# Posted: 12 Apr 2016 13:48

Quoting: bldginsp
What are treehouse bolts, and how do you deal with tree movement in wind?

You can view the TABS here: URL

The movement issue is complicated. The tribeam setup doesnt really allow for much movement (there is a little play but not much). Treehouse Supplies said that they are for use when you are building relatively low in the trees where there isn't much movement. I'm going to try to keep the build costs as low as possible, so if it falls apart in a few years then at least i'm not out a fortune. One way or antoher - it will be a learning experience!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.