Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Superior quality from my local building supply company
fthurber
# Posted: 21 Nov 2010 20:32 - Edited by: fthurber

Before I continue I should note that I am in no way associated with any of the local businesses and your results at the Big Box stores may be quite different than mine....

Anyway check out this incredible beam I got from the local building supplier. It is a 4X6 12 foot pressure treated beam. It was about $23 but look at the quality; I have never seen anything close to this quality at the big box stores.
IMG_6732.JPG
IMG_6732.JPG

fthurber
# Posted: 22 Nov 2010 17:23

I should note that not ALL the beams at the local supply place were this good and the other side of the bean had some small knots. I will supply pix when I have a chance.

BTW about 10 years ago a guy who works at the local sawmill told me that they sell to their lowest grade lumber ("Industrial Grade") to the big box stores who change the grade. I was shocked ;^)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.