Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Who has used Canexel panels? (Porcupine area property...)
JH Fish
# Posted: 2 Sep 2016 08:10

So far I have only been able to find one project that used Canexel exterior panels. I am curious to know thoughts and satisfaction from those whom have installed them. I have not yet contacted manufacturer. Or if anyone has a siding (apart from aluminum or steel) that has worked for them, share your thoughts

JH Fish
# Posted: 2 Sep 2016 08:14 - Edited by: JH Fish

To clarify, I am looking for something that the porcupines won't munch on.

UPDATE:
mfgr's CS rep. responded to my email that they have no information on porcupine appetite for their product.

old243
# Posted: 3 Sep 2016 09:45

We had a problem with porcupines chewing the ribs off our aluminum siding, at our hunt camp . We covered the area that they could reach with a steel sheet. not pretty but it works. Also don't leave any plywood exposed, they love it. will chew a big hole and march through. Our camp is on piers. We covered the bottom with steel roofing sheets, bought used. They can be very destructive, don't be afraid to keep their population down. old243

Steve_S
# Posted: 3 Sep 2016 17:55

They won't chew on Hardiboard or Hardiplank, have seen them tear up thin tin to go past it... Skunks are tricky.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.