Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Replaced Windows finally...
Wendigolake
# Posted: 25 Oct 2016 11:32

My cottage was built in the early 50's by my grandfather. About 7 years ago I assumed the full ownership of the cottage and have been renovating and adding to the main cottage. I have always wanted to replace the front windows for more modern windows. Finally this summer in August the weather cooperated and I was able to get the job done. Basically I removed the whole front wall and rebuilt it with proper headers, king and jack studs. Pictures kind of tell the story.....demo first
original windows
original windows
demo starts
demo starts
opening wall
opening wall
wall out
wall out

Wendigolake
# Posted: 25 Oct 2016 11:38

Rebuilding the wall was made easier by precutting all the replacement studs and headers the day before. This made things go a lot faster since it became just a simple case of installing the kings, jacks studs and headers in the right order. Reconstruction pics are below...
wall going up
wall going up
outside view
outside view
windows in
windows in
new windows finished
new windows finished

FishHog
# Posted: 25 Oct 2016 14:26

nice job, I'm sure you will be very happy with the new windows.

paartisan
# Posted: 25 Oct 2016 14:34

Top-notch job, will be well worth the effort.

Wendigolake
# Posted: 25 Oct 2016 14:50

Thanks guys for the kind words! That was a project that needed to be done for a few years. I am also in the final stages of adding a 20x20', 2 story addition to the cottage. Doing most all the work myself. This is a water access only cottage in northern Ontario near Englehart.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.