Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Generators
Borrego
# Posted: 20 Dec 2016 21:18

Well I finally got a Honda 3000 gennie and boy is it nice! I can't believe how quiet it is and the key start has me spoiled already...
I ran it all day (9hrs) and it only used a 1/4 tank of gas.....

My old generator, a Generac 3250, has been a trooper and has been retired to our more civilized home after 8 years in the desert without (I'm embarrassed to admit) a tuneup or even an oil change. I paid less than $400 for it and it was a good buy to say the least!

I will connect this new one into my upcoming solar system and look forward to many happy years....and yes, it will receive regular tune-ups!

Gary O
# Posted: 20 Dec 2016 21:41

Good on you, man

keep us posted on how you like it down the line

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 21 Dec 2016 08:54

Nice choice Borrego. The Hondas are easy to service too. Nice easy oil drain and fill, also a nice carb drain to drain off all fuel in the carb for long term winter storage.

You will throw rocks at all those other gennies now. Quality does come at a bit of a cost, but man, it quiet and reliable and economical nice!

Welcome to the Honda owners club. (Yammie guys welcome too)

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 21 Dec 2016 14:13

toyota_mdt_tech
Anyone who throws rocks at my REMOTE START Champion will have a screaming blond banshee flying after him or her! Hahahaha!

For the pricepoint they set, you'd think Honda would include a feature like that!

Coyote Flats
# Posted: 21 Dec 2016 19:47

Honda , Yamaha and Subaru are very good

Borrego
# Posted: 21 Dec 2016 21:14

I was very satisfied with my old Generac, really i was...I mean it started up every season, ran well, was economical on gas, etc, etc, but this thing is like having a Porsche. I could never go back now.....It is worth every penny I spent..and you don't often get to say that nowadays, eh?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 21 Dec 2016 21:25

Quoting: Julie2Oregon
oyota_mdt_tech
Anyone who throws rocks at my REMOTE START Champion will have a screaming blond banshee flying after him or her! Hahahaha!

For the pricepoint they set, you'd think Honda would include a feature like that!

Hey, for another $1000 you get into Honda E starts and remotes.

My EU6500is has it, cost..........

$4000!

Salty Craig
# Posted: 21 Dec 2016 21:41

toyota_mdt_tech

I plan to join the club soon. Won't be that big though...

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 21 Dec 2016 22:43

$4K?! OMG.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 21 Dec 2016 23:38 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Quoting: Salty Craig
Won't be that big though...

Salty, my bread and butter unit is my Honda EU2000i. It ran everythign to build my cabin. In fact, I bought it new, used it for 10 years now. Working perfect. My neighbor buys one new, he gets a bigger trailer with AC, I tell him his EU2000i wont run that AC unit. He goes to dealer and tells me he is getting the Honda EU3000is and they will give him $600 trade in on his almost new 2000. I asked him if I could buy it for that price. Done deal. So I have a pair of the EU2000's now.

That big EU6500is I have has been replaced by Honda (EU6500is now out of production) with the EU7000is, its fuel injected and cost is now $4399.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 22 Dec 2016 06:08

toyota_mdt_tech

Good story. The 2,000 is the one I'm after. Been around them a few times and I'm convinced there's nothing better.

old greybeard
# Posted: 22 Dec 2016 07:01

Gonna run the honda for 8 years without a oil change as well?
Let us know how that works out.

Borrego
# Posted: 22 Dec 2016 09:20

Quoting: old greybeard
Gonna run the honda for 8 years without a oil change as well?

Quoting: Borrego
and yes, it will receive regular tune-ups!

LastOutlaw
# Posted: 26 Dec 2016 16:58

I have a used eu2000i that I bought from craigslist for $420.00. We negotiated from 600 and that is the price we ended up at. It looks rough like it was used on a painter contractors crew. Works great though... I love it! I even run a window mount ac unit off of it in the summer while charging up a battery bank. 8 hours run time.... 1 gallon of fuel.

LastOutlaw
# Posted: 26 Dec 2016 17:05

Quoting: Julie2Oregon
$4K?! OMG.

For $5000.00 I have a 12000 watt generac whole house generator with installation on my home.

looks like this:
generacproductguar.png
generacproductguar.png

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 28 Dec 2016 22:31

LastOutlaw
I have a 3500 running watt Champion with remote start. Paid just under $400 for it and I love it. It's not a gas hog, runs even my electronics without a glitch, and is so easy to use. I'm in a tiny shabin now so it gets daily use but I'll be building my on-grid cabin in mid-Spring, hopefully. Then, I'll just be using the gen in case of power outages. I didn't want to lay out a pile of money for a gen but it's nice to have a decent one when you need it!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.