Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / The Shed of Doom - How not to build
fitzpatt
# Posted: 9 Feb 2017 10:30 - Edited by: fitzpatt

I posted this on another thread, but thought many would get a kick out of this. Have you ever heard of the "Shed of Doom"? There have been many memes of this guy's build. His neighbour took photos of the progress. It is so funny! Check out the original forum post below. Be sure to check out the subsequent pages as he updates with more photos of the progress. Link below is to #1. I believe there are over 50 now.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php/146566-Build-to-Fail-Fail-to-Build-W hat-is-this-I-don-t-even

bldginsp
# Posted: 9 Feb 2017 14:09

I don't see what the problem is. That's how I built my place.

Smawgunner
# Posted: 9 Feb 2017 18:45

HAS to be a joke. Please tell me it's a joke.

bldginsp
# Posted: 9 Feb 2017 20:36

Yes, what he built was a joke, and I built a joke around his joke. No joking.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 9 Feb 2017 20:51

Fantastic!!

His kids must be pumped

paulz
# Posted: 9 Feb 2017 21:14

Dang, look like nice straight studs. Wish mine had been that nice.

darz5150
# Posted: 9 Feb 2017 21:29

I have heard somewhere that you learn from your mistakes. If this is true, this guy is probably a JEENYUS by now.
He is probably planning a very nice jungle gym for his kids. Complete with an awesome climbing wall and a catapult.🔨📐👪 💀

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 9 Feb 2017 22:53

Duplicate, I posted that last year. Have you seen the follow up, I like the one with Hitler looking for the shed of doom and Kim Jong Un finds it first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q42ovzM-8SQ

This is hilarious, but dont watch it without watching the original shed of doom.

Oh, its real, the shed of doom resides in Langley BC Canada.

bldginsp
# Posted: 10 Feb 2017 09:37

Has anyone seen a photo of the 'builder', or any description of him, her or it?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 10 Feb 2017 11:12 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Yes, I think he is Korean with a fellow helper at times, the original post where a gentleman in a rental home next to the building site seen the activity. So after he started the build, he checked out the shoddy work and so he set up a camera in his upstairs bedroom window and photo'd it all day long while he was at work. He hauled in all his building materials in a Toyota Sienna mini van. In fact, the Hitler spoof of the shed of doom mentions a few of the users name. I watched it as it was happening. That was about 4+ years ago, now I dont think there is too many people that have not seen it.

You can see the original thread in the BC Sport bike forum. That is where the entire thing started, BC meaning British Columbia. I am surprised its stands up to those harsh winters. But it may be collapsed already for all we know. If not, the untreated floor on wet swamp march grass, it may just start rotting bottom up and in a few years, be only 4 feet tall.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.