Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Surflo fittings
Smawgunner
# Posted: 20 Mar 2017 21:25

The threads on my Surflo don't seem to match up with push fittings and the like. Anyone else find this to be true and what did you do? I'm hoping to use PEX pipe and push fittings.

creeky
# Posted: 21 Mar 2017 00:11

I used flexible hose clamped to the shurflo fitting. That gave me sound dampening. Then I used a clamp hose to pex fitting. And then all pex after that.

It's that braided hose. And hose to pex fittings are easy to find.

FishHog
# Posted: 21 Mar 2017 15:22

mine is the same as creeky's and works well for me.

Smawgunner
# Posted: 21 Mar 2017 17:49

Do you guys have pics handy of your set up?

FishHog
# Posted: 22 Mar 2017 08:16

I don't sorry. If you could write me a note to get out of work, I'd be happy to head to the cottage to take some for you.

MtnDon
# Posted: 23 Mar 2017 13:15

About the only thing I do not like about the Shurflo pumps are those plastic threaded fittings they use. I use the braided S/S covered flex hoses like these to make the connection from the pump to the rest of the plumbing system.

You can also get PEX fittings that incorporate the 1/2" IPS threaded end with rubber washer

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.