Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Rubber flooring
Eddy G
# Posted: 6 Sep 2017 11:45

Hey,
I resurfaced the spruce wood floor in the original cabin which is now the parlor.
We used vinyl plank flooring in the bathroom and first floor bedroom.
I'm going with rubber flooring for the kitchen which is the biggest and most used room in the cabin. It's the same stuff you'd see in a skating rink or a gym...3/8 thick hard rubber puzzle piece tiles 48" x 48". They lock together tight for a near seamless look.
The cabin is on piers and that end has sunk a little (over the last 50 years or so). I think it actually moves up and down a little with the seasons but it's been there a long time and It hasn't moved much at all the last few years we've had it.
Anyway I chose the rubber for those reasons. It's flexible, stay's flat, it's tough as hell, easy to clean and care for.
With the corrugated metal ceiling and the rubber floor you get an industrial feel to the kitchen we like.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with it. Its bought and paid for, just waiting for delivery. Should be here tomorrow and put in this week end.

frankpaige
# Posted: 6 Sep 2017 22:16

I used it in my loft area. No complaints. Mostly because it is in area than receives little activity that might bring in outdoor materials. Sand, debris, twigs. Very easy install and it stays in place. No movement. I see no reason you would be unhappy with that choice? Hope that you enjoy the material and the time at the cabin.

sparky30_06
# Posted: 7 Sep 2017 07:12

Where do you get it from?

Eddy G
# Posted: 7 Sep 2017 14:53

https://www.rubberflooringinc.com/

I got it from this place but you can find it other places as well.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.