Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Greywater - biolan
Rickant
# Posted: 25 Jan 2018 06:09

Thinking ahead to my greywater project and although it is most likely that we will go with a solution similar to the olive barrel setup, I was wondering if there was any feedback on the biolan solution? I noticed them mentioned in a few older postings. wondering if they are available in Ontario since the enviro let site has said sold out for a long time. I think it will be my plan b. Plan a though has challenges in that being in an island I don't get access to any sort of digger and it might be challenging to get the gravel (assuming 1 would need 1-2 yards) to the site in my 14 ft tinnie lol.

creeky
# Posted: 25 Jan 2018 09:43

How much greywater are you planning to produce?

I'm one guy so I use two separate containers that feed through straw bales. The filtered water then runs out to bushes.

I have one set up for the shower/clothes washer (biodegradable soaps) and one for the kitchen. The kitchen I replace the straw more frequently. I use biodegradable soap but for some reason, maybe the particulate matter (or the dishwasher), the filter degrades faster.

Never had any smell. But the areas are heavily treed. So the trees drink it up pretty quick.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.