Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Roll Roofing
paulz
# Posted: 12 Aug 2018 12:13

Have a few rolls I'm going to use on my 'leftover materials' shed. Not the torch down type. I'm seeing pictures of it installed vertically, up one side, over the ridge and down the other. Is this an excepted practice?

Bushwhacked
# Posted: 12 Aug 2018 13:32

I assume its that stuff that you tar the seams together then? or torch just the seams together to create one membrane? I have seem it installed like that on sheds and carports. Didn't seem to affect its performance in any way.

Borrego
# Posted: 12 Aug 2018 16:08

Quoting: paulz
Is this an excepted practice?

No....not unless you hot mop it. Even then it is considered marginal. It is run horizontally and overlapped to prevent 'wind driven rain' from getting into or under the seams. It's just about as easy to do it the right way, and a way better building practice...!

socceronly
# Posted: 12 Aug 2018 22:29

Any examples of what this is?

I tried searching Roll Roofing, but just got underlayment.

socceronly
# Posted: 12 Aug 2018 22:34

Found it.

paulz
# Posted: 13 Aug 2018 11:45

Thanks guys. Well I pulled a roll out from storage and turns out it is torch down. Not for pitched roofs it says, plus not something I want to get into, unless I could just nail it like regular roll roofing. Might have a flat roof in my future (said the hoarder) so probably save it and use something else.
0813180749.jpg
0813180749.jpg

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.