Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Father's Day is coming!
Wilbour
# Posted: 7 Jun 2019 08:33

So I built my cabin using the decades old B&D 18v NiCad cordless drill and circular saw. I had about 5 batteries I would charge at home and use them on site until they were spent.

This changed last year when I installed a solar setup and could recharge on site. Good thing since the old battery packs could not hold a full charge any longer.

This year I treated myself to an early Father's Day gift of a lithium ion Dewalt 20v drill and impact driver. Rep. from Dewalt was in Homer's and offered a 4amh battery for free as well.

I used the impact driver for a few jobs around the house and was impressed by the way the tool worked. Way better than using a cordless drill for driving screws.

Not so much commentary on Dewalt but more on the capabilities of the impact driver.

Here in Canada the Dewalt kits are and have been on sale for a few weeks. When I checked the US markets I saw they were about the same $ but in US funds. Keep this on mind if you are within driving distance to Canada since American $ is exchanged at 30% more than Canadian right now.

If you don't have a cordless impact driver on your list, you may wish to add it before your kids get you another tie.

darz5150
# Posted: 8 Jun 2019 00:32

Quoting: Wilbour
This year I treated myself to an early Father's Day gift

Yah. Me too. Got a new bbq grill combo.
New Grill
New Grill
Grill it.
Grill it.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 8 Jun 2019 00:59

Quoting: Wilbour
This year I treated myself to an early Father's Day gift of a lithium ion Dewalt 20v drill and impact driver. Rep. from Dewalt was in Homer's and offered a 4amh battery for free as well.

Love my DeWalt stuff, I too have all 20V. My aresel consist of

1 1/4" hex driver
I have 2 of the same thing but in 3/8" socket drive
1 keyless drill

1 1/2" impact gun with 600 ft lbs

1 1/2" impact gun with 1100 ft lbs

3 chargers, 2 are the smaller ones, one is the larger quick charger.

I have 2 of the 1.5AH batteries and 6 of the 5AH batteries. The 1/2" impact guns work best on the 5AH batteries.

I have gotten the best deals on DeWalt from Amazon.

I do not own anymore cordless. I usually dont do cordless because not being a contractor, my tools set so I buy corded stuff. But I use the heck out of my 3/8" pistol at work.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.