Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Thoughts on inside walls
mj1angier
# Posted: 6 Jul 2019 19:28

Starting to plan for the inside walls on our She (hunting) sheds...

For the ceiling I am going with T&G yellow pine with a stain. But the walls...

I am thinking T&G up3-4 ft then put luan panels above to the ceiling. I think T&G all the way will....overwhelm me lol. With the luan I can trime it out to look like 4x4 panels. I can stain panels and batten boards a different tone so it's not so...same-ish, lol

Anyone done something like this?

Just
# Posted: 6 Jul 2019 20:10 - Edited by: Just

I used all luan in this one built in 2017 Its stable in all termps and humidity levels.
Luan
Luan

mj1angier
# Posted: 7 Jul 2019 09:27

Thanks for the photo Just!
Thats close to the look I was thinking of, just flipped- luan on top, T&G on bottom.

Are your panels just butted together? Any problem with them being uneven? I was worried that unless edge has some kind of lap or batten board over top it would get wavy.

Just
# Posted: 7 Jul 2019 09:57

Yes just butted , looks like the cabin owner tried some sealer in the seems . This pic was taken after I left , I just framed it up for some friends , they did mention they had made some mistakes with the seems. There are some more pics under the thread , ( seven day build) they are finishing the inside to there liking.

saskabin
# Posted: 9 Jul 2019 14:25

Just curious why you call it shed? I’m asking as the land I own is zoned residential and I’m thinking to apply for a shed permit. This way I can significantly cut costs. I’m also gonna use it for hunting.
Cheers

mj1angier
# Posted: 9 Jul 2019 15:40

Because ours are built off site by a shed company and delivered: https://www.pineviewbuildings.com/
three_little_pigs.jp.jpg
three_little_pigs.jp.jpg

mj1angier
# Posted: 10 Jul 2019 19:27

Quoting: Just
( seven day build) they are finishing the inside to there liking.

LOL took me for ever to find that thread. Tacking it here so I can find it again:
http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/2_7611_0.html

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.