Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Shed plans
Defndr
# Posted: 22 Jan 2020 12:42

I am looking to purchase some complete plans for a shed. I am thinking of a 10 X 12 or so. Prefer a side door and perhaps the lofted barn style for extra storage.

Looks like lots of plans available on amazon and other places on the internet. Quite a few of them do not get the best reviews.

Has any one here used any of these plans and can recommend the best one to get?

Thanks

DaveBell
# Posted: 22 Jan 2020 15:26

Google 10x12 shed plans and look at the pictures.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 23 Jan 2020 08:20 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

You can try townandcountryplans.com and just modify the plans slightly with white out. Its what I did and county had no issues with my adjustments as long as the structure isnt compromised by adjustments.
When you open the window, see the free plan on bottom right, click on it, then you will see other free plans, one looks like what you are after. Link below takes you directly to it.

http://www.backroadhome.net/build-instant-shed-plans.html

Defndr
# Posted: 23 Jan 2020 16:24

Thanks. I think we have decided to go bigger, 10X16. This was the size we were originally planing to buy as a shell to fix up. I had the pad built for it awhile ago.

I think these plans will work. No building permits required where I am but I really want it to be nice and sturdy. It is going to have the washer/ drier in it and storage up in the lofts. I watched a few videos online so I think I will be able to modify it to put in a nice side door and a few windows where we want them.

https://myoutdoorplans.com/shed/10x16-barn-shed-with-loft-plans/

Brettny
# Posted: 24 Jan 2020 06:52

Cement pad or concrete pad?

If you want loft storage go with a gambrel/barn style roof. With a 10x16 that should give you 4ft head room for storage above the loft floor joists.

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:16

You may want to consider taller walls. Such as ten foot so you have more loft headroom. Best luck on your build.

Defndr
# Posted: 26 Jan 2020 16:54

Thats a great idea. More room would be great up top for storage.

When they put my driveway in I had him make me a pad with gravel. It has a sand / clay type road base with crushed concrete on top. Packed down with a roller.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.