Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Joined the LHBA today
toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 14 Mar 2020 13:37 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Ok, I have always wanted to do this, have always loved log homes, this assoc is from my area, used to be easy to do, as it was local, but they moved the classes to Vegas, required a trip, usually on busy weekends, so never pulled the plug.

Well, now its all done online, at your pace, you can go back anytime. After Sunday at midnight, the price more than doubles and will now require annual dues, so the lifetime membership is gone at midnight Sunday. So I pulled the trigger Friday night.

I wont post a link, because I am not trying to advertise or step on cabin builders toes, but just sharing this info for anyone else on the fence on this. Its the Log Home Builders Association or LHBA, you can so a search and find it if you want.

They specialize in the butt-n-pass method and pinned with rebar to avoid the settling. I did attended a log home building class about 3 years ago, same principle, just condensed into one day, was a speed course, very good, same principle as the LHBA, in fact, he attended that school himself.

Now maybe a log home in my future over at my 40 acres??? We will see.

If you are already a member of the LHBA, chime in.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.