Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Log Siding
Nickels
# Posted: 6 Apr 2020 19:13 - Edited by: Nickels

Question... Building a cabin in VT and would like to look into getting the log Cabin siding. (Tougne & groove.) Anyone use or know somewhere in the southern part of VT to get it? I find a lot of people that want to build me a kit log cabin but just doesn't sell the faux siding. Home Depot has it on their website but doesn't sell it. lol It was just a idea but it shouldn't be this hard to find. Once the Covid-19 stuff is over I will go get my wide plank flooring from the mill and see if they know any place. Just weighing the options of siding. Posted this on a couple groups looking for help. Thanks for any advice or help. Cabin Build Liberty Creek
Cabin
Cabin

ICC
# Posted: 6 Apr 2020 20:41

Quoting: Nickels
Home Depot has it on their website but doesn't sell it.

Strange. My HD stocks one pattern in a 2x8 (77 twelve footers in stock right now) and can order in a couple of different profiles. There is a minimum on the order in stuff, but not too much when doing a whole cabin.

Brettny
# Posted: 6 Apr 2020 20:46

For something special like that I would t even bother with HD. Big box stores are usually only cheaper for 2x4 and 2x6 as far as wood products.

If you want to travel look up "new Hampton lumber" in new Hampton NY. They have that siding and I believe they even post the price online.

Nickels
# Posted: 6 Apr 2020 21:30

What is the price just out of curiosity? I am a vet so I get 10% off and they can deliver for just 80.00. But I put in every state surrounding VT and get the same problem shown in the picture. Won't even give me a price. I will try some mills when things start opening back up.
OFS
OFS

Brettny
# Posted: 7 Apr 2020 08:44

$1.39 a linear foot.

https://newhamptonlumberco.com/eastern-white-pine/

Nickels
# Posted: 7 Apr 2020 09:27

I seen this, but its over three hours to the camp. I am sure delivery will cost me $$$. But I am going to shoot them a E-mail. Or maybe see if its worth me finding away to pick it up. Never know! Thanks for the feed back..

Brettny
# Posted: 7 Apr 2020 10:36

Have you called any sawmills or real lumber yards in the adks?

Nickels
# Posted: 8 Apr 2020 18:04

Just for my floor. I thought I would go the Home Depot rout for the siding. Thinking it would be cheapest and easiest to be delivered. But since that is a no go. I will be reaching out to the mill for my flooring and ask them for some guidance about the siding. But since a lot of folks are very knowledgeable on here I gave it a shot. Just going to wait for the Covid-19 to calm down. I am a few steps away from that part of my build. But I like to get the information and knowledge before I hit that step. Thanks again everyone. You are all a sea of knowledge.

mj1angier
# Posted: 8 Apr 2020 21:29

Also check Craiglist. That's where I found our lap and T&G pine siding. Smaller mills post on ours a lot.

gwindhurst
# Posted: 9 Apr 2020 10:20

Hey Nickels, Try Gilcris Enterprises Inc. They're listed as a Log Home Builder but now primarily a sawmill and haven't sold a log home in quite some time according to the owner. Located in Proctorsville off RT103 between Ludlow and Cavendish. I don't recall cost exactly but it's pricey. I was there last fall looking at it as an option. They're located maybe 15 minutes from my property. They also sell the corner log posts. The owners name is Wayne Gilcris, talk to him directly; 260 Peaceful Valley Rd., Proctorsville, VT 802-226-7764

Cheers!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.