Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / Walden Catskills Tiny House??
bsullivan
# Posted: 13 May 2020 22:24 - Edited by: bsullivan

Do you know of anyone who has actually built one of these?? https://meetwalden.com/products/catskills-tiny-house

I can't seem to find any photos or testimonials of people who have built one.

Brettny
# Posted: 14 May 2020 06:58

On our way to our property we drive right through the catskills, Walden being one town. I have seen a "tiny house" for sale on the side of a major road there for years. It looks nice a modern but for $33k you can buy one hell of a RV. After all a tiny house is just a fancy trailer.

The specific one I keep seeing was for sale on craigslist with very nice pictures and all.

hueyjazz
# Posted: 14 May 2020 10:02

I did regularly watch the Tiny House TV shows pretty much like I did Tiger King. Fake reality

I plan just don't understand the sense of these. Nor do I actually believe two people can live in these long term on two pairs of socks. No storage
Funny, these Tiny Houses always seem to be parked next to a friend's house. Not so independent.

Look what they call a composting toilet. Well, just my daily additions would well surpass any decomposition rate. I guess they mean you dump it in the yard daily to compost but otherwise that's your room freshener.

Good luck having any code inspector approve an open loft ladder. Structurally, none of these are road worthy or DOT ready. The only real way they get anywhere is to put them on another trailer.

As a kid I saw a mobile home burn to the rails. Start to finish it took about 20 minutes. End of trailer popped off and it looked like a huge rocket stove. Kitchen fire that went south. Well, I see these tiny houses as even less safe.

Now cave living. There's a trend I can get behind. Never saw a cave burn. So simple even a caveman can do it. Just wear my animal skin and use that Flintstone technology.

brycehample
# Posted: 10 May 2021 23:14

I recently bought these plans and have been wondering the same thing, have you found any testimonials of anyone who has built one?
Thanks!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.